Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mei Mei's 1st day in the childcare centre

I've already packed all the stuff needed for school for both girls' last night. From today onwards, I'll have to bring 2 instead of 1, so best to get everything ready a night before. My mum can't accompany mei mei today coz she sprained her back yesterday. In the end, I've got to take urgent leave, leaving me with half a day leave now....

Pearlyn was more excited than anyone else that her mei mei is going to "school" with her. She was announcing that her mei mei has reached at the gate. Mei Mei was screaming as she thought she was to go home, as usual, after jie jie goes in to the centre. But I told her that she can go in from today onwards. She's so happy.

Mei mei is, as expected by papa, really different from jie jie. She ventured around the centre and never once look for me. She's so engrossed with all the art works in the centre and all the toys are new to her. It seemed sto much easier for her. During breakfast time, she didn't even stick to Pearlyn, but went around and sit with everyone else. Of coz', she enjoys her breakfast of hardboiled egg, anyway, she simply loves any food.

In less than half an hour, the Principal advised me to go home as she seems to be doing pretty well so we can let her gel into the environment sooner. I left and she didn't even notice. Well, should I be happy? or sad that she don't need me anymore? Guess I better count myself lucky that this is such a easy process for her and for us. I still remembered Pearlyn cried her lungs out last time...kekeke...that timid mouse (just like me!!)

Went back to school @ 12.30 to fetch mei mei. Ms Ng said mei mei didn't want to be hold when the children went outdoor. Was screaming and crying. SmileyCentral.com

And when I went into her classroom, other children were lying on their mat getting ready to sleep, but my this little monster went to ka chiao the other kids. Aiyoh.....

Pearlyn had been a very good girl, helping teachers taking care of mei mei. Rewarded her with a pack of twistie SmileyCentral.com


Mei mei, hope you can get used to the centre soon.

Check out more on mei mei's own blog for pictures on her 1st day of school....

2 comments:

Lin Lin aka Lynn said...

Hello Cyndi

Glad for meimei, with my Miss Ng around she will be well taken care!

Cheers!

Cyndi ** 妍汕** シンディ said...

Hi Lynn

Yes, she's a very nice and caring teacher, although not very vocal. My mei mei sure is giving her a hard time, so pai seh...